Not for discussions. Please just note down what distracts you from your optimal workflow in darktable. Try to summarize this as short as possible.
- lack of the possibility to fix straight movement (vertically or horizontally) with key while scrolling in zoomable light table
arrow keys do not behave like a "filemanager", they should move selection to next image.(see #8716)
- Allow tagging by dragging images onto tags and vice versa
No key assigned to switch to next/previous picture for sequential viewing. - Expected: Space/Backspace, same as in Darkroom mode.(see #8716)
- selection and mouseover is not always consistent or understood when rating images. SelectionProposal is a solution to this.
- Show filename if only one image is selected in lighttable
Possibility to select images on rating (one star, rejected, ...)
- Possibility to compare two images, zoom, scrolling should be switchable between locked and independent
- Not possible to use Exif date for naming import filmroll.
- Not possible to set date manually (laying there for a looong time).
- Maybe add possibility to import into existing filmrolls? (already works by typing same name)
Ignore .jpg files with matching .raw/.cr2 etc
- Correct exif date on import, i.e. add or subtract a number of hours or minutes
Add possibility to directly assign tags to pictures being imported.(fixed in current master (post 1.0.3) Add possibility to set default Exif tags on import (like Creator, Copyright, etc...)(fixed in current master (post 1.0.3)
Facebook export to private profiles and pages(implemented)
- Tag list not expandable. Having this would save scroll work.
- Tag list shows darktable tags. This might be confusing/unhandy/error-prone
- A way to see how many times a tag has been assigned would be nice. i.e. "How many pictures with this tag do I have?"
- Drag and Drop of images onto tags and vice versa to add tags.
- Tags should be applied whenever keyboard focus leaves an entry field (e.g. hitting [Return] or [Tab]), not only when [Apply] is clicked.
Some sort of keybinding to add tags to the currently selected file(s) would be nice. -> see shotwell's <primary>+t(fixed in git master, post-1.0.x. Ctrl+t) New tagging mechanism with hotkey and small popup (like the status infos) would improve workflow. Together with arrow keys: assigning of tags without mouse interaction.(see above) Would love to be able to use tags to select groups of photos
A way to see how many images the current collection contains would be nice.(implemented)
- The scrollbar at the right side to show the position on current collection is not perceived.
- Allow date or time ranges for collections by date.
- reorganize imported images when images are deleted or moved from disk outside of darktable
"jumpy" plugins: if some plugin is visible only partially, then when you switch off another plugin below it, vertical positions of all plugins are changed, and on/off button is no longer under cursor; hard to re-enable the plugin again.(fixed, see #8644) "jumpy" film-strip: switch to next image in DR using filmstrip, film-strip changes so that the new image suddenly appears in the left-most position, hard to follow and tricky to switch to the previous image(fixed in 1.0.3, where current image is centered in the filmstrip)
- lack of MakerNotes:SerialNumber or/and MakerNotes:InternalSerialNumber EXIF tags in "auto apply this preset to matching images" checkbox dialog of the presets
Batch processing not possible - apply saved plugin settings to multiple images - Should be accessible from lighttable. Makes whole roll operations timeconsumingCan use styles!
- local corrections using drawable and parametric masks is not effective. The most effective way to do local corrections, is to select a zone (using a drawable or parametric mask) and then to apply a series of corrections (exposition, color, local contrast, etc.) on that zone. However, in Darktable, one has to draw a mask to select the zone, and in each module we want to use, to recall that mask each time. If the mask is a parametric mask, then one has to re-enter the parameters each time.
- the brush should show the modifications on the image in real time, while painting. It should also optionally show the painted zone in yellow while painting.