Mark clipped channels in the histogram
what about the possibility to have a clipping indicator on the histograms to know which channel is overexposed? (for instance, it could be possible to highlight the corresponding colored box or make it blinking)
and what about having the clipping indication blinks on the screen instead having a fixed color?
#2 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 3 years ago
- bitness set to 64-bit
- System set to all
- Affected Version set to git development version
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Status changed from New to Triaged
- Category set to Darkroom
- Subject changed from Clipping signaling to Mark clipped channels in the histogram
- Target version set to Future
I don't like blinking (neither on the image nor the histogram) as it distracts while fine tuning your settings – and it would require deeper changes to how dt works to add such animation support. However, an indicator in the histogram might be doable. However, that is not high priority as you can see what channel is clipping by looking at the histogram most of the time.