Support Nikon D5300 NEFs
i have some troubles with Darktable, after upgrading my camera from Nikon D3200 to D5300.
When i load the current NEF into darktable, it shows me the same preview in lighttable, than my camera do.
But, after i export this preview of NEF into a 85% quality JPG, it looks like the attached ones.
Loading the NEF from lighttable to darkroom, it makes crazy thing with that.
I'm using Gentoo with Darktable 1.2.3, after building own ebuild for 1.4 nothing changes.
A src-install (1.5+94-g8ce6877) has nothing changed too.
Whats wrong? Something needs to be updating?
Camera not supported for now?
Ty for reading and helping!!
#1 Updated by Pascal de Bruijn over 4 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Subject changed from Nikon D5300 issues? to Support Nikon D5300 NEFs
- Priority changed from High to Medium
The Nikon D5300 is not supported yet, as we explicitly mentioned in our release notes:
The "good" view you see in lighttable mode is just the embedded preview JPEG the camera generates and embeds into the NEF, so that's not very relevant. We only load it because it allows us to display a preview very fast, without a huge CPU load.
#5 Updated by Alexander M about 4 years ago
Okay, here you go...
- 25 NEFs from ISO100 to ISOhi1 with F11
- 9 NEFs from ISO4000 to ISOhi1 with different Fs, starting from F11 to F22
File is .tar.gz, approx 914 MB
#6 Updated by Pascal de Bruijn about 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Fixed
- Target version changed from Future to Candidate for next patch release
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Thanks for the samples!
We now have experimental support for the Nikon D5300:
This does require a source patch to RawSpeed committed earlier (but after 1.4.1), so you'll need to build the darktable-1.4.x branch (or master) from git to test this.