darktable doesn't detect out of disk conditions on import
I ran out of disk today, and import was behaving weirdly:
- images wouldn't show up in the UI * yet images would be imported in the predefined directory * images had a size of 0
Turns out I was out of disk space. Darktable never noticed, and tried to write all those images, patiently, one by one. It never warned me, and totally failed to import the pictures - which is to be expected, but there should be at least an error.
#1 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus about 6 years ago
- System changed from other GNU/Linux to all
- Affected Version changed from 1.2.3 to git development version
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Status changed from New to Triaged
Yes, we should warn (and probably cancel the import once we detect that the disk is full). Import from external media isn't the best maintained part of darktable and we even removed that functionality once because of that. We brought it back (minus deleting files from the external storage) on user request. So don't hold your breath. It might take a while until someone steps in to fix it.