darktable 1.3+1034~gf7ef17f crush on start
Darktable 1.3+1034~gf7ef17f from dev-repository crash on start after last update. Ubuntu 13.04 32 bit.
#3 Updated by Людмила Бандурина over 6 years ago
In version 1.3+1069~g79488d8 darktable not crush on start, but it have memory leaks (?)
First pic exporting quickly, second pic exporting slowly, and on third photo (if I use noise reduction and/or many masks) — I get message «Can't export, low memory».
#4 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 6 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Status changed from New to Incomplete
- Are you exporting to disk or some other target?
- Can you tell us which modules are enabled on the image that might cause the leak?
- What happens when you only export the image that causes the error message and no others before? Maybe it's not a leak but one image consuming more than others?
#7 Updated by Людмила Бандурина over 6 years ago
- File IMG_6019_01.jpg IMG_6019_01.jpg added
- File IMG_6019.CR2 IMG_6019.CR2 added
- File IMG_6019.CR2.xmp IMG_6019.CR2.xmp added
- File IMG_6016.CR2.xmp IMG_6016.CR2.xmp added
- File IMG_6019.jpg IMG_6019.jpg added
Oh, another surprize — in the first file I use complex masks with brush (IMG_6016.CR2.xmp in attach). In the next file I use two path masks and similar settings (IMG_6019.CR2.xmp in attach). And result jpg is black & white negative (IMG_6019.jpg in attach)! After darktable restarting I get normal exported file (IMG_6019_01.jpg in attach).
Raw IMG_6019.CR2 in attach too.
Darktable 1.3+1105~g446d0bc from Darktable Unstable PPA. Exporting to disk from darkroom (Ctrl+E).
#8 Updated by Людмила Бандурина over 6 years ago
- File darktable_20131012_segfault_darkroom_export.txt darktable_20131012_segfault_darkroom_export.txt added
- File IMG_6042.CR2.xmp IMG_6042.CR2.xmp added
- File IMG_6040.CR2.xmp IMG_6040.CR2.xmp added
- File IMG_6023.CR2.xmp IMG_6023.CR2.xmp added
- File IMG_6021.CR2.xmp IMG_6021.CR2.xmp added
- File IMG_6023.jpg IMG_6023.jpg added
And in attach bt for crush on export fourth file from darkroom. Simple masks used. The first file (6021) is exported quickly. The second (6023) is much slower, and the result is a black-and-white negative. The third file is exported very quickly (6040, without masks). Fourth (6042) - crash at the start of export. XMPs and negative 6023 also attached.
#9 Updated by Ulrich Pegelow over 6 years ago
Well, I think the issue is caused by out-of-memory situations. You are running darktable on a 32-bit system.
As we point out in our usermanual this can quickly become a borderline case. See [[http://www.darktable.org/usermanual/ch07.html.php#darktable%20and%20memory]].
Processing complex masks involves a lot of dynamic memory allocations. Due to the limited address space of a 32-bit system this can lead to an effect called memory fragmentation. After a few export rounds less and less address space is available for large buffer allocations and finally darktable may even crash when an allocation fails.
You may try to optimize the relevant settings in core options. The mentioned usermanual section gives you some hints. Maybe you should try to reduce the cache size a bit. However, our general advice is as always to migrate to a 64-bit system, which solves all your memory related issues.