Support Canon EOS 70D
When selecting a raw file from light table to edit in darkroom , the entire picture has a magenta cast. The image looks fine in light table
Camera: Canon 70D
Lens: 18 - 135 mm STM
Sample image attached to test with.
#1 Updated by Pascal de Bruijn over 6 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Target version set to Candidate for next patch release
- Status changed from New to Fixed
- Subject changed from Magenta cast darkroom for canon 70d to Support Canon EOS 70D
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
Darktable 1.2.2 did not support the 70D.
Our upcoming 1.2.3 release will have experimental 70D support.
Side note: You may also notice a difference in exposure, which may be caused by Canon's Auto Lighting Optimizer and/or Highlight Tone Priority
Auto Lighting Optimizer, we cannot support these features. If you need ballpark exposure matches you need to turn those both off.
#2 Updated by Ron Yoshimochi over 6 years ago
- File 20130914-70D-IMG_0455.CR2 20130914-70D-IMG_0455.CR2 added
- File 20130914-70D-IMG_0416.CR2 20130914-70D-IMG_0416.CR2 added
I have version 1.2.3 and the sample picture that I sent worked great.
You guys are doing a fantastic job. I took additional pictures today and it had a magenta cast.
It was strange that the first set of pictures worked great and the new set did not. I did check a few settings and what I have observered was the I had set the image quality to sRAW (I had Auto lighting optimizer off) I tried a mRAW setting it same issue I tried a RAW setting and it works fine. In the metadata look at the SRAW quality tone. Attached are the pics for sRAW and mRAW
20130614-70D-IMG_0455.CR2 is the mRAW
20130914-70D-IMG_0416.CR2 is the sRAW