"Collect images" panel GPS data based filtering
proposal¶while shooting across some area (different times sessions in the same/almost same area with plenty of images), it would be great to be able to filter images taken by GPS data:
- target area coordinates
- by pointing definite images as area corners
- by drawing curve on map
- some distance (length delta) between two shots (all shots with the distance less or equal to the set one are considered as fitting the condition)
- by setting the distance in length units
- by setting GPS coordinates delta
#2 Updated by Tobias Jakobs about 4 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 70
- Status changed from New to Patch attached
- File gps_select.lua added
I created Lua script to selecct all images with or without GPS informations. It adds a shortcut to the Lua section in the preferences.
To test it you have to add 'require "gps_select"' to '.config/darktable/luarc' and copy the file to '.config/darktable/lua/'.
This script does'nt fix the original proposal but implements the suggestion from Christian iuga.
#4 Updated by Tobias Jakobs about 4 years ago
I haven't looked into git master, but the script wasn't so much work.
Just a note, some GPS devices save GPS data with 90 degree in North Pole if the GPS device has not completed the registration during GPS signal acquisition. I think this images should be handled as not tagged, too.