Freeze while rejecting images in preview
When viewing images in full-scale "z" preview and rejecting one by clicking on the "X", darktable may freeze. On the console, it says:
[image_cache_allocate] failed to open image -1 from database: unknown error
#1 Updated by Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo almost 7 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Target version set to Candidate for next major release
- Priority changed from Low to Medium
- Assignee set to Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
Were you holding 'z' pressed and moving from image to image, and then reject one of those, or you just pressed 'z' on the image before rejecting? If the former, did you rejected the first image?
#2 Updated by Torsten Bronger almost 7 years ago
I cannot reproduce this anymore with current git version because I can only reject one image at a time. This is what I did:
- Select an image in lighttable mode.
- Press "z" and hold.
- Reject image by clicking on the "X".
- Scroll with the mouse wheel to another image (this doesn't work anymore!).
- Reject this one, too.
- Repeat the last two points until DT freezes.
Note that I filter the images on the lighttable so that rejected images are hidden.
I will try again with an older DT version on another computer tonight.