git development version
From time to time I observe DT crashing. Happens very seldomly, maybe in one out of hundred times I start DT. I have not found a way to provoke this crash and I cannot link the crash to any specific action I do.
In all cases I get a backtrace like the attached one, which always points to line 138 of lib/backgroundjobs.c which reads
g_hash_table_insert(d->jobs, key, j);
seems to be related to the indexer thread? there is some special handling in control.c that swaps out the indexer from one job queue to another and which i don't quite understand. if you're not using the similarity features a temporary workaround might be to disable the indexer in the preferences dialog. :(
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Target version set to Candidate for next major release
- Status changed from New to Fixed
I never encountered the problem again. Seems this got fixed in between.
I need to re-open the ticket. Just learned that the problem still occurs with current git master. Backtrace is attached.
One addition worth to mention. The bug seems to be triggered by importing new or extending an existing filmstrip, i.e. loading several new images from a directory.
- bitness set to 64-bit
- System set to unknown
- Target version changed from Candidate for next major release to Candidate for next minor release
- Status changed from Triaged to Incomplete
Can you still trigger this?
- % Done changed from 20 to 100
- Status changed from Incomplete to Fixed
Has not happened for a very long time now. So let's close it.
Also available in: Atom
Go to top