exporting to tiff does nut run how exspected
Exporting CR2 to tiff gives weird results. dt tells:
edgar@linux-hl0y:~> darktable [init] moving database into new XDG directory structure [imageio_storage_disk] could not export to file: `/home/edgar/Bilder/sonne/2012-06-11-time-19-03-06.tiff'!
But the tiff has been created and I can access it in gimp or digikam. Only RegiStax6 (Astrostacking-program) cannot work with the this tif. I created some tifs with RawTherapee for testing. With these tifs RegiStax6 has no problems.
#1 Updated by James C. McPherson over 7 years ago
- Affected Version changed from git development version to 1.0.4
- Target version set to Candidate for next patch release
- Assignee set to James C. McPherson
The root cause is libtiff.so's write_image() callback returning 1 rather than 0 for success. A related problem is that dt_exif_write_blob() returns 1 rather than 0 on success.
[Changing affected version per discussion on the list]
#2 Updated by James C. McPherson over 7 years ago
- Estimated time set to 0.50 h
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
- Status changed from New to Patch attached
- File 0001-fixes-8774.patch 0001-fixes-8774.patch added
Patch attached which works around the problem.
A full fix requires auditing all the return statements and migrating them to use symbolic forms instead of bare numbers.