DT freezes when changing to darkroom during import
git development version
I was able to reproduce this twice on current master (darktable 1.0+823~gcabfe1f)
When importing, two things are wrong, the first being not nice, the second a show-stopper:
- The thumbnails displayed for the new images are from a different import set ("Film Roll", "Collection"? - confused about nomenclature here)
- When selecting the first image and hitting '.' to switch to the darkroom, DT freezes and remains dead for as long as I was willing to wait - several minutes.
- Affected Version set to git development version
- Target version set to Candidate for next patch release
could you please check with current master if the problem can still be reproduced? We had a bug in mipmap cache fixed recently and this might have also fixed the second issue you mention.
I have had freezes today with a build from current git master. But I will see if I can reproduce reliably.
- Status changed from New to Incomplete
I'm setting this to "Incomplete" for the time being. If the issue can be reproduced we will need to dig deeper into it.
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
This is still happening in current git master.
I have just imported a batch of images and tried to change to darkroom before import was done. today's build of darktable is frozen since.
#8674 seems to be related
Any chance you can get a backtrace out?
I'll see when I can do this. I need to be productive for a bit now. :-)
- Target version changed from Candidate for next patch release to Candidate for next minor release
- Category changed from Lighttable to General
- % Done changed from 20 to 50
- Assignee set to Henrik Andersson
- Status changed from Incomplete to In Progress
I'm able to reproduce the import/freeze issue, ill take a look into it.
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
- Status changed from In Progress to Fixed
Fixed in commit 8596eafc8aa3
Also available in: Atom
Go to top