IPTC metadata from original file not included in exported files
git development version
I just noticed that the IPTC metadata present in my source files does not get written to the files exported from them. I use a front end to exiftool to write location data to my files before I process them with darktable. When exporting darktable does write the new EXIF location values to the target file but doesn't write any of the IPTC metadata included in the source file. Even if darktable doesn't change any IPTC data itself it still should copy existing data in the target file.
See #8539: Copy XMP+IPTC from original file
Still missing: writing of changed metadata into the corresponding IPTC
could you check if we're still missing copying IPTC data with version 1.0?
I did confirm the IPTC data is not exported in version 1.0 as well. Just updated today.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Target version changed from 1.0.3 to Candidate for next patch release
- Affected Version set to git development version
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Target version changed from Candidate for next patch release to Candidate for next minor release
- Related to Feature #10430: Include xmp data from a sidecar (if one exists) into the exported jpeg added
Also available in: Atom