Project

General

Profile

Camera Support #12322

Support Nikon Z7

Added by Luc Viatour about 1 month ago. Updated 5 days ago.

Status:
Triaged
Priority:
Medium
Assignee:
Category:
General
Target version:
-
Start date:
09/11/2018
Due date:
% Done:

20%

Affected Version:
git master branch

Description

Hello I just sent the raw files of Nikon Z7 in all formats of raw on https://raw.pixls.us/

Can you add support for this case in my favorite software?

thank you in advance

Associated revisions

Revision 39afcdbd
Added by Roman Lebedev 9 days ago

Nikon Z 7 color matrix. Refs. #12322

History

#1 Updated by Roman Lebedev about 1 month ago

  • Status changed from New to Incomplete
  • Assignee set to Roman Lebedev
  • % Done changed from 0 to 20

Thanks for the samples.
adobe dng converter with support for that camera needs to be released first, since we need a color matrix..

#2 Updated by Stefan Schöfegger about 1 month ago

Z7 files can be converted with 10.5

#3 Updated by Roman Lebedev about 1 month ago

Stefan Schöfegger wrote:

Z7 files can be converted with 10.5

Hmm, but it is not listed in the release notes.
I did not check, but i wonder how 'final' that color matrix is.

#4 Updated by Stefan Schöfegger about 1 month ago

All but
  • Nikon - NIKON Z 7 - 14bit compressed (Lossless) (3_2).NEF
  • Nikon - NIKON Z 7 - 12bit compressed (Lossless) (3_2).NEF
    from rpu can be converted.

#5 Updated by Roman Lebedev about 1 month ago

Stefan Schöfegger wrote:

All but
  • Nikon - NIKON Z 7 - 14bit compressed (Lossless) (3_2).NEF
  • Nikon - NIKON Z 7 - 12bit compressed (Lossless) (3_2).NEF
    from rpu can be converted.

On our side:

./Nikon/NIKON Z 7/Nikon-Z7-14bit-lossless-compressed.NEF failed: ../src/librawspeed/decoders/RawDecoder.cpp:272: rawspeed::RawImage rawspeed::RawDecoder::decodeRaw(): ../src/librawspeed/io/ByteStream.h:75: rawspeed::Buffer::size_type rawspeed::ByteStream::check(rawspeed::Buffer::size_type) const: Out of bounds access in ByteStream
./Nikon/NIKON Z 7/Nikon-Z7-12bit-lossless-compressed.NEF:  76 MB / 2049 ms

#6 Updated by Roman Lebedev about 1 month ago

Roman Lebedev wrote:

Stefan Schöfegger wrote:

All but
  • Nikon - NIKON Z 7 - 14bit compressed (Lossless) (3_2).NEF
  • Nikon - NIKON Z 7 - 12bit compressed (Lossless) (3_2).NEF
    from rpu can be converted.

On our side:
[...]

After digging a bit, either that image is corrupted somehow, or they changed something.

#7 Updated by Luc Viatour 21 days ago

Luc Viatour wrote:

Hello I just sent the raw files of Nikon Z7 in all formats of raw on https://raw.pixls.us/

Can you add support for this case in my favorite software?

thank you in advance

I have at home the Z7, I made new raw clean 8 formats of Z7 and upload to raw.pixls.us
Only the 4 formats lossless compressed recognized by DNGconverter

#8 Updated by Roman Lebedev 20 days ago

Luc Viatour wrote:

Luc Viatour wrote:

Hello I just sent the raw files of Nikon Z7 in all formats of raw on https://raw.pixls.us/

Can you add support for this case in my favorite software?

thank you in advance

I have at home the Z7, I made new raw clean 8 formats of Z7 and upload to raw.pixls.us

Thanks, validated, deleted the previous set.

Only the 4 formats lossless compressed recognized by DNGconverter

#9 Updated by Luc Viatour 10 days ago

New version Adobe DNG converter in 11.0 and support Nikon Z7

#10 Updated by Roman Lebedev 10 days ago

Luc Viatour wrote:

New version Adobe DNG converter in 11.0 and support Nikon Z7

Ah, thank you. This is so weird, it seems to only install the .dcp/.lcp,
i do not see "Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DNG Converter/Adobe DNG Converter.exe" there..
Did they upload the wrong exe?

#12 Updated by Roman Lebedev 10 days ago

Luc Viatour wrote:

here download exe:
https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6450

That is exactly what i'm looking at, it does not install "Adobe DNG Converter.exe" as far as i can see.

#13 Updated by Luc Viatour 10 days ago

44/5000
I installed the .exe via wine without problem

#14 Updated by Roman Lebedev 10 days ago

Luc Viatour wrote:

44/5000
I installed the .exe via wine without problem

And did it install "Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DNG Converter/Adobe DNG Converter.exe" ?

#16 Updated by Roman Lebedev 10 days ago

Luc Viatour wrote:

yes:
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/dng/win/DNGConverter_11_0.exe

Tried again with that with fully updated 32-bit chroot + 32-bit wine, no change. I don't get it.

If you remove "Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DNG Converter", and install DNGConverter_11_0.exe,
does "Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DNG Converter/Adobe DNG Converter.exe" appear for you?

#17 Updated by Luc Viatour 9 days ago

This DNG converter 64bit.

#18 Updated by Roman Lebedev 9 days ago

Luc Viatour wrote:

This DNG converter 64bit.

Let's see if 64-bit chroot helps..

#19 Updated by Luc Viatour 9 days ago

DNG converter 64bit installed on a 64bit Ubuntu 18.4 system
no problem everything works with Playonlinux / wine

#20 Updated by Roman Lebedev 9 days ago

  • % Done changed from 20 to 50
  • Status changed from Incomplete to In Progress
  • Target version deleted (Candidate for next patch release)
  • Affected Version changed from 2.4.4 to git master branch

#21 Updated by Roman Lebedev 9 days ago

  • % Done changed from 50 to 20
  • Status changed from In Progress to Triaged

#22 Updated by Roman Lebedev 9 days ago

Been looking at this again.
Three samples do not decode:

#23 Updated by Luc Viatour 5 days ago

Nikon Z7 support will be present in the next minor update?

#24 Updated by Roman Lebedev 5 days ago

Luc Viatour wrote:

Nikon Z7 support will be present in the next minor update?

Not before it is actually added in master, which i still didn't do, which my previous comment here should have explained.
For now you can temporarily workaround this by converting those NEF's to DNG's via that very adobe dng converter.

Also available in: Atom PDF