Preview and export don't match
I've edited several star-images and once I export them they alwas looked different to the preview in darktable itself. So I put the exported image and darkroom side by side and made a screenshot.
In the image down below you can see the preview of darkroom on the left hand side and the exported image on the right hand side.
You can see that in darkroom(left hand side) the stars look much bigger and brighter.
I think the preview is really missleading and it is really a bummer, that you first have to export the image to really see how it will look like. The result of the preview and export should match better than what they currently do.
I don't know whether or not this is a result of the preview beeing optimized for speed and therefore it uses simplified versions of the filter algorithms, which leads to the visual difference, but there should definetly be some investigation done to what causes this problem.
Thank you in advance!
#2 Updated by pass 712 over 1 year ago
- File IMG_4447.CR2.xmp IMG_4447.CR2.xmp added
- File IMG_4447.CR2 IMG_4447.CR2 added
- File capture_003_17102018_210256.png capture_003_17102018_210256.png added
- File capture_002_17102018_210251.png capture_002_17102018_210251.png added
- File capture_001_17102018_210234.png capture_001_17102018_210234.png added
I can confirm this behaviour.
Picture edited in dt:
Re-imported TIF (same size):
Re-imported TIF (downsized to 1680 x 1050)
Original RAW and XMP are included.