Styles not recognized
If I create a style on Darktable, it work fine. But if I import this style on an other Windows PC with the same Darktable 2.4 rc0 version, it is not reconized. Other styles created with previous Darktable versions are not recognized too.
The two PC are on Windows 10. Created styles and imported styles are in C:\Users\Michel\AppData\Local\darktable\styles on the two PC
#1 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 1 year ago
Those two work fine for me.
When you say that the styles are not recognized, what do you mean? Doesn't darktable show them in the import dialog? Does it fail importing them? Does it create styles when importing them but they do nothing?
Please also look for the file darktable-log.txt on your system (I can't remember the place where it's put on Windows 10), open it and check for error messages. Or just delete it, start darktable and try importing a style. Then close darktable and attach the newly generated log file here.
#4 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 1 year ago
I'll make you a new installer with some debug output added. Hopefully that will tell us what's going on.
Edit: Please try https://pixls.us/files/darktable-2.4.0rc0%2B18~g8ede49735-dirty-win64.exe and see if it shows any error messages in the log file after importing the styles.
#5 Updated by Michel PETTE over 1 year ago
- File darktable-log.txt added
I tried the new installer. Always the same problem after differents configurations.
1) After basic install always the created styles with the previous version are showed.
2) I remove in C:\Users\mpe85\AppData\Local\darktable : darktablerc,data,keyboardrc_default,library . these four files are re-created when we launch DT.
3) I launch DT
4) I have no more styles in the list on dialog box (Message: No styles availables)
5) I have also try to remove the (s) at the end of the word style in C:\Users\mpe85\AppData\Local\darktable\style*s* like in C:\Program Files\darktable\share\darktable\*style*
6) always no error in the file daktable_log.txt
#6 Updated by Michel PETTE over 1 year ago
Sorry, I am faulty. I imported directly in the C:\Users\mpe85\AppData\Local\darktable\styles and not by the lightable.
But I have a question : Why the importing dialog box doen't see \AppData\Local\darktable\styles to re-import the existing files when for any raisons the hided files darktablerc,data,keyboardrc_default,library are be removed by the system.
#7 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Incomplete
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Category changed from Darkroom to General
It seems there are several misunderstandings here:
1. When deleting data.db darktable is supposed to forget the styles. You deleted them after all!
2. Importing styles works by clicking the button in lighttable, not by copying files around.
3. darktable never reads the content of the styles/ directory. Those are just backups for your amusement.
So could you please verify that importing styles from the lighttable works as expected?
#8 Updated by Michel PETTE over 1 year ago
the importing styles from lighttable work fine. BUT to export existing file present in C:\Users\mpe85\AppData\Local\darktable\styles i have to "copy/paste" these styles in an other directory i.e "download", because the dialog box is not connected to C:\Users\mpe85\AppData\Local\darktable\styles and doen't see the present styles.