Missing GPS data from DNG
DNG file created in Lightroom, from Canon CR2 raw file.
Attached is a screenshot of the location meta-data inside Lightroom.
The original CR2 file, and the DNG file.
#1 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 2 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Target version set to 2.4.0
- Status changed from New to Incomplete
For me that DNG's GPS data gets read in darktable and it's put on the right place on the map. Please try the following:
- Make sure you are using version 2.3.0+1049 from https://discuss.pixls.us/t/darktable-for-windows/4966/193
- Start darktable and remove that image from its library
- Close darktable
- Delete the XMP file next to the DNG
- Locate the file
darktable-log.txt, for me it's in
C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files/darktable/but YMMV
- Delete that file
- Start darktable
- Import the DNG
- Close darktable
- Attach the log file to this bug report.
#2 Updated by Timothy Spear over 2 years ago
Verified running 1049
1. Since only play data, deleted the darktable database files in C:/Users/dvspe/AppData/Local/darktable
2. Searched for and deleted all log files.
3. Started dt, imported the images again.
4. Attached is the XMP file. The GPS entries look valid (did not compare to LightRoom)
5. data is missing in dt.
6. I could not find any log files generated by this build. Checked both %temp%=C:/Users/dvspe/AppData/Local/Temp and %tmp%=c:/windows/temp
7. general computer search cannot find any files darktable*.txt
#5 Updated by Timothy Spear over 2 years ago
I have a bunch of images with the skull and cross bones.
So I dropped the dt database and re-imported, skipping some older files which is where most of the skull and bones were displayed. (I need to look into why dt cannot handle those images later)
Geodata is there now in the image information panel. Map does not seem to work correctly, but I have not read the directions on it yet!
I am going to re-do the import and see if I can get it a repeat of the issue. If I can, we can then chase down. If not, consider it user error and move on.