Regular Crashes when opening Darkroom under Windows
While switching from Light table to Darkroom, a crash occurs, with the attached Backtraces (I had at least 3 of them).
Not 100% reproductible, as the next time, opening the same image could work, and it occured on several images, not always the same.
It occurs on version "2.3.0+1021~ga917e5ecc."
(was occuring on a previous windows build, so I tested with latest build available from https://discuss.pixls.us/t/darktable-for-windows/4966/162 )
(BTW, Thanks for this good work !)
#6 Updated by Bertrand LAMY about 2 years ago
- File IMG_6485_02.CR2.xmp IMG_6485_02.CR2.xmp added
- File darktable_bt_6GSOCZ.txt darktable_bt_6GSOCZ.txt added
Peter Budai wrote:
Hi Bertrand, do you see crashes still with the 2.4.0 released version, or can we close this case?
Hello, yes, I had retried with the 2.4.0 version, and I still have the problem.
Attached is a new crash file, which shows very similar callstack than previous.
I've took some time to try to understand how/when I could reproduce the issue:
It seems that it crashes every time I open some specific images (the XMP attached is one such sample, but I have other cases (attached another one), but it occurs only if I open theses images in the darkroom "the first time".
For example, if I first open in darkroom another image which don't crash, and then I come back to this image, it can be displayed without problem.
I don't know if can help...
#7 Updated by Peter Budai about 2 years ago
- Am I right that you are not using OpenCL? Have you disabled it?
- Can you run darktable-cltest.exe and share the output here? You can find info on how to run this tool here:
- Also could you attache here the raw file itself which is crashing (frequently), like IMG_6485_02.CR2?
#8 Updated by Bertrand LAMY about 2 years ago
- I didn't changed anything regarding OpenCL since initial installation. So the status in parameters is: OpenCL activated, default profil.
Actually this laptop does not have any dedicated GPU, but an integrated HD Graphics.
- Attached is the output of darktable-cltest.exe
- I've tried to isolate a set of files that reproduce the problem: import the attached tstDT2 folder, and open the CR2 image in darkroom (immediately after starting DT).