automatic picture information reading from RAW not working or displays inconsistent values
I'm new to darktable. I recognized a few bugs. Screenshots as attachment uploaded:
In Leuchttisch vs. Dunkelkammmer:
- no Modell, Hersteller, Objektiv reading from RAW automatically read for Panasonic DMC-LX100 and DC-GH5 "Leuchttisch", while exactly this works for a Canon EOS 500D. In Dunkelkammer the values for Modell, Hersteller and Objektiv is automatically displayed.
- For Canon EOS 500D the picture height and width displays different between Leuchttisch and Dunkelkammer.
This automatic recognition for LX100 and GH5 also doesn't work for the lens correction part of the Dunkelkammer, while it does work for the EOS 500D.
#4 Updated by Peter Budai almost 2 years ago
could you do the following:
1. remove the existing pictures from the collection
2. Close darktable
3. Launch darktable
4. Import the image in question where the EXIV data is not visible (no modell, manufacturer etc.)
5. Close darktable
6. Upload the log file which can find:
#5 Updated by Andreas Rathgeber almost 2 years ago
But wasn't DT already writing this metadata files for each picture? What todo with them? Keep?
And to have a faster result can I copy these three pictures to an own directory and open it there instead? Because the current directories contain some number of pictures (JPEG + RAW)
#9 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus almost 2 years ago
Could you please try again with the latest build version 2.3.0+898 (https://discuss.pixls.us/t/darktable-for-windows/4966/83). It seems your path contains umlauts which were known to cause exiv2 issues. Those should be fixed in the latest build.
#12 Updated by Andreas Rathgeber almost 2 years ago
Generally speaking, thanks it works now. I used the hard method and started importing the whole pciture directory with a few thousands RAW and JPEG pictures in it. Darktable hang 2 times since yesterday and I needed to kill it. But that's not of a big issue for me right now.
So thanks for your support. As next step I will try to figure out how to offer support the full implmentation of my equipment. I'm aware that other things have probably priority over this. But maybe I start with the lensfun thing ...