Segfault when soft proofing against Linear XYZ
Steps to reproduce
1) put allow_lab_output=TRUE in darktablerc (it turns not only lab output, but linear XYZ too)
2) choose linear XYZ as soft proofing profile
3) turn soft proofing on.
Reaction: segfault with message "Couldn't link the profiles" (in console).
#1 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus almost 2 years ago
- System changed from other GNU/Linux to all
- % Done changed from 10 to 20
- Status changed from Confirmed to Triaged
For some reason lcms2 doesn't like to make a transform when the softproofing profile is linear XYZ. It works with Lab though. Ideally we want to have a way to filter out unsuited profiles and not add them to the proofing profiles list. And as a 2nd step we want to make sure that commit_params in colorout always provides a valid way to transform the image for process(). And last but not least, process() should never crash. Maybe just turning all pixels pink would be a good fallback measure. It's obviously the wrong result so people won't be tricked to assume that what they see is actually the correct result. Thoughts & comments?
#2 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus almost 2 years ago
- % Done changed from 20 to 100
- Status changed from Triaged to Fixed
Applied in changeset darktable|5abc16c95fefd9e8cb1491948ef0290b701ff7b3.