Clone a module go to favorite modules
to reproduce the issue :
- Add a module into favorite (like shadow & higlight)
- Go into basic group
- Enable & tune the shadow & higligh module
Then when i duplicate this modules, the group change from basic to favorite
it's not a critical bug but it's strange & unexpected and it's also create a side effect :
if in favorite module, a module was expended before create the duplicate, i can see 2 modules expanded even with the option "expand a single darkroom module at a time" enable...
#1 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Triaged
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
I won't have time to fix this myself. If anyone wants to give it a try, here is what's happening:
dt_iop_load_module() which eventually calls
dt_iop_load_module_by_so(). That function then calls
dt_iop_gui_set_state() which is responsible for the tab changing. The quick hack would be to pass a flag down that call chain to not switch the module group. The better solution would be to think about why tab changing is part of module loading at all and maybe move that out of there – at the cost of making sure it's correctly called in all places where it's needed and not forgotten in the future.
#2 Updated by Peter Budai over 1 year ago
If in the modules list you click on a module the following happens:
- 1st click: it will find the module for you, shows the appropriate module group and expands the module's setting
- 2nd click: the module will get the favourite tag and the star will be displayed next to it, and the module group will switch to favourites
- 3rd click: the favourite tag will be removed, and module group stays in the favourite
- 4th click: the same as 1st click, cycle repeats
The line which always switches the modulegroup to favourites when a favoruite module is being added is here:
- on the 2nd click above, the module group won't change to favoutites. Actually I find it OK not to change module group to favourite when I mark a module as favourite.
- duplicating a favourite module won't change module group, so that fixes this error
#5 Updated by Peter Budai over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Triaged to Fixed
- % Done changed from 20 to 100
Applied in changeset darktable|98ab06a7fb71c25168bce5e3fb09bc60d0936dd8.