H.l. reconstruction(reconstruct color) + any demosaic algorithm other than VNG4 = enormous scanline/maze artifacts
I'm attaching an example raw file which is affected, and:
(1) 100% crop of the affected area with the settings from XMP;
(2) …same, but when demosaic is switched to AMaZE;
(3) …same, but when demosaic is switched to AMaZE and h.l. reconstruction set to Clip Highlights;
XMP with the settings I used for the photo in the end (but keep in mind that it probably references a custom denoise profile — I renamed profile from Canon G15 to use with G16);
JPG with full result with these settings.
Note that the 2nd image has artifacts (on the brightest parts).
PPG demosaic algorithm produces similar artifacts too, I didn't upload it.
"color smoothing" and "match greens" in demosaic parameters seem to not change anything at all in all of the cases I reviewed.
#4 Updated by Gustavo Adolfo 4 months ago
- File CRW_4191.DNG added
- File big brown artifacts and vertical lines.png added
- File CRW_4191.DNG.xmp added
- File vertical lines.png added
I have big artifacts and vertical lines showing whenever I push the threshold slider to a certain point in reconstruct color mode.
Attached two crops to show the issues, the original dng and xmp file.
The symptoms seem to match this issue.