Usermanual needs to explain about library lock
Don't know what happened lat light. System was running fine yesterday morning.
Last night, my M drive (an NTFS partition I share with Win7/64, and where my folder full of photos lives) suddenly decided that it was going to take ages to mount. Use to happen instantaneously.
And on top of that, when I'd go to fire up dt, I'd get an error message (see attached image), which I think simply means "there's already an instance of dt running" (I'm new to linux, but I think that is what it's saying).
And this morning, even though M drive SAYS it's mounted, and even though dt (which eventually decided to launch) is showing me thumbnails, whenever I try to see a fullscreen preview of an image (hitting Z key), I get the dead man icon.
Any thoughts as to what might be happening here?
Thanks in advance.
#1 Updated by Roman Lebedev over 3 years ago
- System changed from Ubuntu to all
- Affected Version changed from 2.2.1 to git master branch
- Category changed from General to Usermanual
- Subject changed from Can anyone explain this error? to Usermanual needs to explain about library lock
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
@Bruce Williams it means that some process with that pid is alive on the system.
If dt with that library is not running, it means it was not closed properly.