Project

General

Profile

Bug #11237

Doc: --library should mention .lock

Added by Stefan Hoffmeister over 3 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

Status:
Fixed
Priority:
Low
Assignee:
-
Category:
Usermanual
Target version:
Start date:
10/16/2016
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Affected Version:
2.0.6
System:
all
bitness:
64-bit
hardware architecture:
amd64/x86

Description

The doumentation for command-line parameter --library should mention that next to the library, a .lock file is created, to aid in resetting something gone awry:

<suggestion>
Whenever Darktable starts, it will lock the library to the current user. It does this by writing the current process identifier (PID) into a lock file (<mylibrary>.lock) next to the library specified.

If Darktable finds an existing lock file for the library, it will terminate immediately.
</suggestion>

Without this information, it is not easy to recover from an aborted Darktable process.

This is not exactly the best place to introduce the concept of what is, in a way, "single process per user" behaviour (is this documented at all?), but for 99% of the population it will be the right location; the other 1% will understand.

History

#1 Updated by Ulrich Pegelow over 3 years ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 20
  • Status changed from New to Triaged

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take care.

#2 Updated by Ulrich Pegelow over 3 years ago

  • System changed from Ubuntu to all

#3 Updated by Ulrich Pegelow over 3 years ago

  • % Done changed from 20 to 100
  • Status changed from Triaged to Fixed

#4 Updated by Roman Lebedev over 3 years ago

  • Target version set to 2.2.0

Also available in: Atom PDF

Go to top