Project

General

Profile

Camera Support #11112

Add support for Olympus E-M5 ii, Pen F high resolution mode

Added by Bruce D over 2 years ago. Updated about 2 months ago.

Status:
Fixed
Priority:
Low
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
08/14/2016
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Affected Version:
git master branch

Description

It seems that DT can't properly open files recorded in the new high resolution mode in the Olympus E-M5 ii and Pen F (Pentax also has similiar functionality). Details and example RAW files are here.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-e-m5-ii/olympus-e-m5-iiTECH2.HTM#HRRAW

Screenshot from 2017-01-26 22-55-18.png (53.5 KB) Anonymous, 01/26/2017 11:55 PM


Related issues

Duplicated by darktable - Bug #11682: Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II 40 MP High Res Shot Duplicate 08/03/2017

Associated revisions

Revision cc180b42
Added by Roman Lebedev 6 months ago

RawSpeed submodule update: Phase One P65+ (support+multi-threading), Olympus high-res raws support

Fixes #11097.
Fixes #11112.

History

#1 Updated by Stefan Sjörs over 2 years ago

I have the same problem also in DT 2.0.7. The high resolution raw files from Olympus OM-D E-M5 mark II are imported as completely white images.

Bruce D wrote:

It seems that DT can't properly open files recorded in the new high resolution mode in the Olympus E-M5 ii and Pen F (Pentax also has similiar functionality). Details and example RAW files are here.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-e-m5-ii/olympus-e-m5-iiTECH2.HTM#HRRAW

#2 Updated by Anonymous about 2 years ago

Just want to confirm that I too experience this problem using darktable 2.2.1.

A workaround is first converting the ORF to DNG (I only tried Lightroom) and then importing the DNG into darktable. See the attached image, which shows the high-res ORF and the corresponding DNG. (Interestingly, the ORF file was 104MB but the DNG was just 38MB; I guess the high-res ORF is uncompressed.)

Will support for high-res ORF files likely ever be implemented? I'd really like that and I would like to assist in any way I can. I'm afraid I can't help with coding though; C is definitely not my strong suit.

#3 Updated by Anonymous almost 2 years ago

There are already samples on raw.pixls.us. Any chance of seeing support for this soon? Anything we can do to help?

#4 Updated by Roman Lebedev 6 months ago

  • Duplicated by Bug #11682: Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II 40 MP High Res Shot added

#5 Updated by Roman Lebedev 6 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 50
  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Assignee set to Roman Lebedev
  • Affected Version changed from 2.0.3 to git master branch

There is no "Pen F high resolution mode" sample on raw.pixls.us.

#6 Updated by Roman Lebedev 6 months ago

  • % Done changed from 50 to 100
  • Status changed from In Progress to Fixed

#7 Updated by Roman Lebedev 6 months ago

I'm still hoping someone will contribute the full sample set for Pen F (normal raw + high-res raw).

#8 Updated by Roman Lebedev 5 months ago

  • Target version set to 2.6.0

#9 Updated by Hans Vanpee about 2 months ago

Roman Lebedev wrote:

I'm still hoping someone will contribute the full sample set for Pen F (normal raw + high-res raw).

It doesn't seem to work with error "failed to read camera white balance information" in 2.7.0.

Did you get the raw files in the meantime? Otherwise I can send you some.

#10 Updated by Roman Lebedev about 2 months ago

Hans Vanpee wrote:

Roman Lebedev wrote:

I'm still hoping someone will contribute the full sample set for Pen F (normal raw + high-res raw).

It doesn't seem to work with error "failed to read camera white balance information" in 2.7.0.

Figures, since there is no sample.

Did you get the raw files in the meantime? Otherwise I can send you some.

Please take exactly two raw images - one normal and one in this highres mode (with same content, daytime landscape works well),
and upload each file separately directly to https://raw.pixls.us/, and open a new issue.

#11 Updated by Hans Vanpee about 2 months ago

Roman Lebedev wrote:

Hans Vanpee wrote:

Roman Lebedev wrote:

I'm still hoping someone will contribute the full sample set for Pen F (normal raw + high-res raw).

It doesn't seem to work with error "failed to read camera white balance information" in 2.7.0.

Figures, since there is no sample.

Did you get the raw files in the meantime? Otherwise I can send you some.

Please take exactly two raw images - one normal and one in this highres mode (with same content, daytime landscape works well),
and upload each file separately directly to https://raw.pixls.us/, and open a new issue.

I uploaded two raw files to raw.pixls.us and opened a feature request: [[https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/12564]]

#12 Updated by Roman Lebedev about 2 months ago

Hans Vanpee wrote:

Roman Lebedev wrote:

Hans Vanpee wrote:

Roman Lebedev wrote:

I'm still hoping someone will contribute the full sample set for Pen F (normal raw + high-res raw).

It doesn't seem to work with error "failed to read camera white balance information" in 2.7.0.

Figures, since there is no sample.

Did you get the raw files in the meantime? Otherwise I can send you some.

Please take exactly two raw images - one normal and one in this highres mode (with same content, daytime landscape works well),
and upload each file separately directly to https://raw.pixls.us/, and open a new issue.

I uploaded two raw files to raw.pixls.us

Thank you.

and opened a feature request: [[https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/12564]]

Also available in: Atom PDF