High CPU and GPU usage when hovering over Darkroom thumbnail
In Darkroom mode, the mouse pointer hovering over a tumbnail causes markedly increased GPU and CPU usage.
#3 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 3 years ago
- Target version set to Candidate for next major release
- Status changed from Confirmed to In Progress
- Assignee set to Tobias Ellinghaus
- System changed from Ubuntu to all
- % Done changed from 10 to 50
Confirmed for filmstrip, too, there it's a proper bug.
#4 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 3 years ago
So, I worked out what happens, posting here for reference:
- the mouse is moved over the filmstrip
- filmstrip redraws itself
- in the draw callback it sets the mouse_over_id
- that triggers a DT_SIGNAL_MOUSE_OVER_IMAGE_CHANGE signal
- metadata_view connects to that signal and updates its information
- it calls dt_lua_do_chunk_async()
- that eventually calls dt_lua_redraw_screen()
- which in turn makes gtk redraw all widgets
- goto 2
Besides metadata_view there is also lua/gui.c which does the same.
#5 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 3 years ago
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
- Status changed from In Progress to Fixed
Applied in changeset darktable|48472f2a270ecbd0700a7a4af6d21ffb1d36b3b3.