Profiled denoise: Blending "color" with profiled noise reduction creates black image
Using darktable 1.6.6 with profiled noise reduction (wavelet) with blending mode "color" exports a black image. Using "HSV color" works fine.
This issue might be similar to #9882.
System: Arch Linux 64 bit. I've attached the RAW image, its XMP, the exported style and the relevant part of the debug log.
#1 Updated by Sven Greiner over 4 years ago
Attachment of files didn't work. I've uploaded them here now: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qd4d5kfphy586u8/AAD1pvwcILpJq3U5CPkxXVUPa?dl=0
#8 Updated by Sven Greiner over 4 years ago
Today I had some time and tested various combinations of modules with that image. So what I've noticed:
- Using "HSV color" instead creates an grayscale edge on the right side of the image.
- Using "Color" creates a black edge.
- The full image becomes black because of the propagation of NaN in the shadows+highlights module.
- The problematic edge disappears when I disable the lens correction (distortion) module! Thus everything else works too!
- Happens only for images with 29 mm focal length.
So it seems that something bad happens with the image during the correction of distortion.
To reproduce the black edge use the image from above with:
- Lens correction (distortion only)
- Profiled denoise, wavelet, blending "Color"
Or: Lens correction, profiled denoise, non-local means without blending: Everything will be black, also in preview!