Mask editing extremely difficult. Some suggestions.
One thing I've found extremely frustrating while using darktable is mask editing. The problems are:
1) The nodes of the mask are extremely small, probably the sensitive area is 1px. This makes the action of repositioning the node extremely slow because it needs a precise mouse pointing to grab the node
2) The edges sensitive area is too wide, so that together with problem no.1 causes that every time a user miss to grab a node it likely grabs the edge and moves it (while it wanted to move the nodes)
3) Both no.1 and no.2 problems together with the lack of and undo function makes the workflow crazy. The user is spending all the time fixing wrong edits
1) Make node sensitive area bigger
2) Make edge sensitive only on the central part (maybe if the node sensitive area is big enough problem 2 is not a problem any more)
#2 Updated by Simone Gaiarin about 3 years ago
Dirty fix for path masks. Sensitive area increased x6.