File deletion doesn't work in darkroom view (dangerous)
First up, thanks a lot for adding the much requested deletion feature. I noticed it recently after the 1.6.1 upgrade.
After manually adding a keystroke for file deletion, I went to try it.
Unfortunately, I found the following dangerous behavior:
- Open lighttable view
- Double click an image to bring it in to darkroom
- Decide you don't want it (eg. out of focus, duplicate, etc.)
- Try pressing the configured delete key (in my case, 'backspace'), and find it doesn't work from within darkroom
- Have to double click and return to lighttable view before pressing the configured delete key (in my case, 'backspace')
This workflow is dangerous because it is possible to accidentally click on another image after returning to the lighttable view, whereas in the darkroom view the context is clear.
Therefore, I would request that developers make the file deletion key work in darkroom view.
#1 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed: won't fix
All the file management features are only available on lighttable and that's how it should be. You should use ratings ('r' to reject) while in darkroom and later filter by that rating and delete in one go from lighttable.