Variable $(EXIF_YEAR) etc is not supported when importing from camera
When using $(EXIF_YEAR ... DAY and MONTH) it is not the pictures date. Instead darktable is using the todays date
#3 Updated by Dave Haworth about 4 years ago
Emil Wabra wrote:
Sorry for the late answer. My spam filter rejected the message.
I use the variable for importing pictures. It worked in former versions. So i was confused about the fact that it stopped working. When exporting, it works as expected.
I just found the same limitation in 1.6.8.
It looks like the exif information hasn't been loaded at the time when the filename is constructed. I put a debug "fprintf" in the file src/common/variables.c - have_exif_tm is 0 and exif_tm.tmday is also 0.
I'm new around here. If I can fix the problem, would someone tell me how to submit a patch?
#5 Updated by Tobias Ellinghaus about 4 years ago
- System changed from Ubuntu to all
- Affected Version changed from 1.6.1 to git development version
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
- Status changed from New to Triaged
- Subject changed from Variable $(EXIF_YEAR) etc is not exif date its the todays timestamp to Variable $(EXIF_YEAR) etc is not supported when importing from camera
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/pull/793 seems to be what is needed. It's just not reviewed, however after a quick glance I couldn't see anything fundamentally wrong.
PS: I wouldn't be surprised if we had this bug already reported.