Darkrtable hangs in lightable mode after import folder (after fresh install) ~ cache missing
From version 1:1.5+1847~g7459103-0pmjdebruijn1~trusty (lastest Pascal's PPA for ubuntu).
- Fresh start after install (no .cache/darktable and no .config/darktable)
- import folder "test" as attached containing 1 PNG and 1 TIFF
- Darktable hangs (need ctrl+C to kill it) - showing importing 2 images progress bar stuck at half
- second start works, shows the two images in lighttable
- enters darkroom for the TIFF one
- darktable hangs when click to go back to lighttable
- message in console is :
[mipmap_cache] cache is empty, file `/home/longwei/.cache/darktable/mipmaps-60fd6ea06eb1491613ae7109f0929efec218ca98' doesn't exist
And indeed I don't have any cachefile in .cache/darktable (Just the cached kernel for my Geforce)
attached is the "test" folder and the backtrace for step 1
#2 Updated by Roman Lebedev over 5 years ago
878 dt_control_log(_("unsupported input profile has been ignored!"));
#4 Updated by Long Wei over 5 years ago
Roman Lebedev wrote:
I believe that is because of https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/commit/dce72aefa8c454857b0c5af6693506a819cc7198#diff-9ff2a6b3a41c4967cb33d3e1ffab06e5R878
This is probably that, as I had the problems after this version.
About TIFF everything was fine for me (icc not recognized but swith to sRGB) before the implementation of support for color profile for TIFF.
After that, I had the feeling that the warning messages were bringinf issues...
#6 Updated by Long Wei over 5 years ago
Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
The warning however SHOULD be given. If a ICC profiles is provided and we are ignoring that we are essentially misinterpreting the data provided, users should be made aware of that fact.
I agree, from a user perspective this is an key information. It should be shown at least at import time and when user switch the ICC profile in darktable mode to an unsupported one.
But it would be great to have it in a less intrusive way. In my case, I have 13k scanned photos, all in TIFF and 80% are black & white TIFF 8 or 16 bit with embedded icc, which means that I would have this message on all my photos.
#7 Updated by Long Wei over 5 years ago
Is it possible to implement a temporary solution :
- to have at least darktable functionning properly BUT without notification to the user about unsupported ICC profile for B&W TIFF => this will close that bug
- treat the warning by a separated feature request ?
This current bug make darktabke completely unusable for me (and I have a lot of editing work to do on my TIFF, and Dartakble is so great that I cannot use any other tool !)
#8 Updated by Pascal de Bruijn over 5 years ago
- % Done changed from 10 to 100
- Target version changed from Candidate for next patch release to Candidate for next major release
- Status changed from Confirmed to Fixed
So this issue was resolved by reverting:
However that reintroduced: